I imported products with the standard product import functionality System -> Import/Export -> Import
The products imported well but images didn’t. After some investigation we found out that it was due to missing columns in the cvs file. In my case we imported a single image per product.
The columns you need to import a single image are:
- image -> /image_name.jpg which needs to be stored in folder media/import (don’t forget the “/” before the image_name).
- image_label -> text
- small_image -> /image_name.jpg
- small_image_label-> text
- thumbnail -> /image_name.jpg
- thumbnail_label -> text
- gallery -> empty
- media_gallery -> empty
- _media_image -> /image_name.jpg
- _media_lable -> text (lable => this is not a typo!)
- _media_attribute_id -> export one product and verify this id, for example “88”
- _media_is_disabled -> value = 0
- _media_position -> value = 1